Nominate a Book
".the prudent are crowned with knowledge." Proverbs 14:18
Nominations of titles for consideration may be made by students, teachers, parents, librarians or any other interested person.
This award is designed:
* to encourage children
- to read more books of enduring value
- to become more discriminating readers
- to develop the ability to recognize good and evil
* to acquaint teachers and parents with high quality books which promote wholesome values, edifying themes, positive goals, and a minimum of derogatory language.
* to encourage mainstream publishers to produce high quality books which promote wholesome values.
Please consider the following:
1. A book that contains any profanity will not be placed on the Children’s Gallery or the Children's Crown list.
2. A book that takes God's name in vain will rarely be placed on any of the lists.
3. You must have read the book.
4. The copyright date of the book must be the PREVIOUS or the CURRENT YEAR only, or it may be a republication of a book written prior to the beginning of these programs.
5. The reading level should be 1-3, 4-5 or 6-8.
6. The author can be a citizen of any country.
Welcome to Lookout's Perch!
The Children's Crown mascot keeps watch for outstanding K-8th grade level books that have been published within the current year. Please write your nomination from the perspective of a Christian faith.